Volunteer Connect Home
New to Volunteer Connect?
For Student Organizations
For UGA Faculty/Staff
For Community Agencies
FAQ/How To Guides
Service-Learning Faculty &Staff Members can utilize Volunteer Connect in two main ways:
- Publicize/Recruit volunteers for service events: Can create events and opportunities for other students to inquire about or sign-up directly online. This is a great resource for managing volunteers and contacting participants with minimal effort.
For example, an organization can create an event for a park clean-up to recruit 60 students to participate and sign-up all online. When the spots are filled, no one else can register for it.
- Manage volunteer hours and sign ups for organization members for internal purpose: Can create events or volunteer opportunities only open to its members, and manage hours and sign-up of spots for tasks and projects.
For example, an organization can have members sign up for shifts and stations at a carnival they are planning for a local elementary school. The event would not be open to the public.
In order to create a faculty or staff profile you must fit the following criteria:
- Be one of the following:
- A UGA Faculty or Staff member
- A university office or sponsored program or office with service intent
- Only post events and opportunities that are community service in nature. All projects and events are approved by The Office of Service-Learning, and anything inappropriate or not volunteer-based will not be posted.
Please click here to create a faculty/staff profile on Volunteer Connect
For more information regarding utilizing this database for your course, please contact The Office of Service-Learning at 706.542.8924.